Tuesday 23 November 2010

NY - 9 shots for JASMIN (tres prive) performance

 Well, not quite nothing could have prepared me for the location choice of Jasmin's performance  - I mean Jasmin just of herself is quite a fascinating piece of puzzle  - we have done Suzukis workshop together and as two almost Brits in Brooklyn we hanged out and she took me on a few quite Jasmin experiences ( all GOOD of course) -  but please do not stop at her ladylike manners, her elegance, her taste for glamorous accessories or even the way she  ALWAYS carries her  handbag, lightly on her hand in opposition to her shoulder  -  even at 12 a.m walking slightly scared at BUSHWICK deserted, slightly dodgy, most likely dangerous streets, looking for a apparently GHOST Art Exibition.
rehearchal
If you have a bit of a voyeur eye, like myself ,  you can delight in all these while you experience Jasmin -  it has been a total pleasure to meet her and shot these.

So, one day  after workshop, I got my camera (S) and we walked out of CAVE - its a 10 m. walk away Jasmin told me - what could be shlighty challenging at daytime and a 10 minutes walk from sympha Bedford Av ?  Well, perhaps the amazing abandoned, huge, squatter inhabited ( perhaps ? ) warehouse that she chose for a improvisational piece where, she performs   in a dark wall hole illuminated only by one spot light, in her own baby Christian dress.

Fearless, she engaged, captivated and performed while myself - ( fearless -  same cannot be said for me ) -  I must confess as while shooting was simultaneously fearing mr. Psycho out of nowere guy to join the scene, chop us both in tiny little pieces and  hide our remains in multiples shopping smile bags -  did I get  DARK- CARRIED away (?) (?) ^^

from a 24 roll, only 9 made it -  this is not my best shot number performance I must confess -  but considering the extreme challenging lack of light for a 400 speed film -  well, I think we have done well.

Here the shots.
Performer: Jasmin Perrow