Monday 22 November 2010

NY Elevents - this is GOODYOGA ( brooklyn second home)

Roll number 11  ( slowly I get to the end of NY photo-roll-overdose) - this was a roll spent on visuals, peeping and experiences at my second home in Brooklyn - GoodYoga at Greepoint.

It rapidly became home, as I could know it in Brooklyn -  homely feel walking Calyer Street in the end of days ( sometimes beginning of days). A home I utterly loved, enjoyed but highly indulged, as my daily life income unf. does not permit these kind of delights -  but hey -  youre only ONE TIME for the FIRST TIME in NY - so I went for it - and splashed a little money from my bank -  and in return get to pay back, probably in the next 5 months or so.

What can I say, staying @ GOODYOGA was PERFECT for me: understated design and arty feel, free ashtanga yoga below my bedroom every morning and nice people around -  not to mention the coziest room and BIG Bed I ever slept on -  this is no average design lodging place -  this is a home, build with so much love and belief by Raymond and Flannery, where youre kinda privilege to stay ( If you can afford it). Totally fuss free -  the place offers a genuine modern/soul/design experience - and you I was delighted to each day discover somethig new about the place: a new corner, a new object, a new note - if you have the eyes you will see precious understated character and value everywhere -  the place itself is a ever-changing home , design project in progress - and by staying there you get to be live the all experience: how Raymond and Flannery are building, improving, adding  money cant buy value day by day to this love of them - and just by itself -  the opportunity to watch this, theyre passion for GoodYoga and  GoodDesign  coming to life - was worth all the money I didnt had to spend.

Raymond and Flannery are genuine fuss free people, and just that by itself will make you feel 100% at home from day one. The all warehouse is abs. beautiful, always immaculate clean and super easy to stroll around - there are numerous love notes and reminders for you not to be lost around  - so everything is really easy, the communal experience between lodgers and classes.

Finally, I got to meet Abbi - a human being worth her value in Gold - she is currently a collaborator at GOODYOGA and runs coaching workshops, where believe ME - you will get every drop of your essence worths. Thank you Abbi -  I keep with me the small but BIG journey we took that afternoon - is priceless what I have encountered there. I hope your paths cross again one day :)))

Know, I wonder - why would I ever, ever want to stay in a regular hotel after this lodging experience (?)
The answer: I will not.
Hotels dont come with real people, real spaces, real home live experiences - and is this not ultimately the BIGGEST travelling experience one can get ?

Check them out for lodging or Yoga if youre in Brooklyn - I can sure you its time GOODSpent (!)
( lodging is available directly or trough theyre profile page @ AIRBNB)


GOODYOGA website - http://www.goodyoganyc.com/#517297/about
GOODYOGA@ AIRBNB - http://www.airbnb.com/users/show/18127



Here some photos


five dollar chef


communal kitchen


GoodLight -  GoodNight


GoodNightPlanet



GoodBye -  GoodCake


GoodLoveShot


GoodPoint -  GoodYoga
the entrance gate


GoodDoorBell


Hard to Focus On - Less is More


VERY GoodMusic


VERY GoodTaste


The (Guest) Nest


Bowie's stare


GoodPeepView
(on the way to the terrace roof)


GoodEndofDay -  sunset 4 eyes


GoodMorming - Mezzanine view


GoodBoss
(Raymond's stretch)



GoodNote


VeryGoodTeacher


GoodPause


GoodTriangle


GoodUpperBody


GoodStretch


GoodStationary


GoodPeepView ( Amy and Flannery talk)


Oh (Good) God


Flannery Sneakers


Good Cat Issues


Im just a girl


Top Cat


Lower Cat


Abbi's email


Good light - 2


GoodCats Underexposed