Tuesday 23 November 2010

NY - BUTOH WORKSHOP - IT TAKES A LITTLE BLOOD

It takes a little blood -  it took a little blood -  that only made the experience more truthful and significant.
There was never pain - just amaze, conquer and the will to move forward -  leave comfort zones -  explore vulnerability -  be vulnerable -  be totally free.

Being focused on myself and what I wanted to achieve -  no fear, no self-conscience - just arriving at a place of total freedom, where I could start to encounter myself, be introduced to my body and watch its quality, ist beauty, its movement and its creative potential. Re-discovering the body as a creative tool -  unique - my body has things to say, that no other could quite say the exact same way.

Accepting week points, and re-discovering them as beauty, advantages, skill -  tools to movement creation -  uniqueness -  personal movement speech.

It took a little blood -  but I did it -  for almost 3 weeks - I was able to enter unknown dimensions of my body and consequently movement -  focusing on this only -  not really giving thought to the past or future, to  success or failure, not worrying if I did good or bad, if I bored or impressed people, if I did myself proud or ashamed -  I did it,  I took the journey of experimenting in things I was scared to do.



It takes a little blood


The skin opens


The skin closes  -  butoh feet

Notes: I love this shot, the rawness of the truth in it -  maybe little shocking to viewer, but not for me -  this is exactly how my feet look when I do regular training. I felt no pain - every drop of blood, every bruise - came as a gift -  I live, I move, I create.

I also like that I can see clearly the drawings of my veins in my feet - , the blue/violet color of the blood, revealing under the skin.