Wednesday 18 August 2010

THIS IS MUSIC - Ali Farka Toure



My latest musical love finding: Ali Farka Toure.
I discovered this  great man music  while working for a painter -  it was a amazing work session, 5 hours posing and listen to Ali Farka Toure non-stop. I could listen to it non stop for days - and I am -  2x albums straight to my I-POD.

His music is a powerful, joyful, healing blend of traditional north african music with blues and arabic influences. When I listen to it, my body smiles all : the hands, the arms, the fingers, the head, the torso, the feet - and it really feels like all the body parts are awaken to a kind of healing joy - and the different arts of the body start to talk (move) naturally, fluidly with each other.

It as if, while listening to this music, the body rediscover a very ancient, natural form of speech. And even trough the language barrier ( of course I dont understand north african dialect), there is such a stronger spiritual, human message in the music, that clearly comes trough different ages, races, beliefs, because I cant imagine anyone listening to this music and not feeling good inside.

Thank you for letting me discover this man and his art.
Thank you for all good, all the beauty, all the humanity still existing in the world.