Monday 13 December 2010

THIS is FILM - the first 2010 Snow in London

Finally - I REACHED the last FILM roll on my desk :)))))) -  feeling big sense of achievement now ^^

This year, first week of December the first snow fell in London -  it was a special day - very cold - but intensely beautiful -  I dont know why -  I just felt a particular strong sense of beauty and intensity as the first, shy snow shower  of the year went down in London - this made me endure the freezing cold, my stone frozen hands and just stayed out shooting until I finished the roll I had with me.

I have been modeling for Hywels sculpture class that day -  the moment I came out, a second spell of snow starts to fall -  i just have time quickly to change the roll -  this time I wanted to shoot snow in BW - I was so enticed, lost in the magic rain of the snow -  the snow it was small but very defined -  like dust ,  I could see clearly see each single piece rolling , furiously along the wind - and the sudden change of direction of all the little snow grains - I really wanted to capture that magic snow rain movement.

Also, the air was so humid and the night begins to fall -  all looked smudged with the fog -  so to see faraway the traffic lights fading -  gave it all an extra dreamy, xmas feel - I shot everything on purpose in BW - I was particularly interested in seeing this reality color smudged translation into a reducing, colder BW palette -  I was not disappointed with the results.

Below some pictures of the first 2010 snow in London.


Color lights in BW series
N. 1 - Light bunny




Color lights in BW series
N. 2 -  woman aproaching


Color lights in BW series
N. 3 -  more light than snow


Color lights in BW series
N. 4 -  approaching snow


The Snow Series
N. 1  - snow and wind sketch over bench


The Snow Series
N. 2  - snow scratching edges




The Snow Series
N. 3  - snow and wet floor



The Snow Series
N. 3  - bags down