Friday 30 July 2010

On DISRESPECT ...


Thinking about my past experiences with people.
The times I disrespected and the times I have been disrespected.
I feel clearly now - there is no excuse for being disrespectful - to anyone, not matter what.
I am happy to have now the strength of mind and heart to banish it from my life forever.

I am happy to say, strongly, confidently: I will not disrespect anyone  or allow anyone to disrespect me.
I know now I have the understanding to be faithful to this believe, and by doing so, I would like to believe I am making a  positive difference in my  life and  in the world around me.

Here is why, disrespecting someone is totally absurd, arrogant, ignorant and ultimately wrong (I figured it out after xx years walking on this world):

1) DISRESPECTING is IGNORANT
being disrespectful towards something or someone is a act of ignorant arrogance - who do we think we are to disrespect anyone/anything (?)
We are nothing but equals, so this is why the act of disrespecting is one of utterly HUMAN IGNORANCE.

2) DISRESPECTING is ARROGANT
    DISRESPECTING is ILLOGICAL
 when you disrespect another human being, have you ever thought what are you really doing (!)
 what are you really saying with your actions (?)
That someone who you are  disrespecting is a person, somehow a product, a work of somebody's else love: this person is someone's son, someone's daughter, someone's beloved friend.

Many people people nourished, invested,  loved in some way, believed in this person, created this person.

Mothers and fathers who loved, sacrificed for this person, to create it, to see this person happy ( isn't all parents dearest wish (?) to see theyre children happy (?)
Who am I to disrespect that (?)


Friends and best friends who trusted, love and rely on this person. People to who this person matters, itis important. People to who this person is important to have in theyre lives.
Who am I to disrespect that (?)



Boyfriends, Girlfriends and  Admirers  people who believed, who were enchanted, who were inspired,  who loved, who saw beauty,  who took care for this person.
Who am I to disrespect that (?)



Now look at all this people, they all had surely reasons to love, to care, to admire this person.
now look at them ALL
and with truthfulness and humility
Ask yourself the next time you are about to disrespect someone:

- Who am I to disrespect this person and all the people in this person life who have loved and cared (?)
- Who am I to SAY this person is not worth of respect (?)
- Who am I to DISRESPECT this person mother, father, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends LOVE (?)
- Who am I to DISRESPECT all the love and affection invested by others on this person (?)


WHO AM I (?)

and finally,

to the one who has been disrespected,
also a important self question:

WHO AM I TO ALLOW ANYONE TO DISRESPECT ME  AND ALL THE LOVE I WAS GIVEN BY THE  PEOPLE IN MY LIFE  (?)