Friday 23 July 2010

7 THINGS that CAUGHT MY EYE today @ ST.MARTINS

Today was really a excellent day -  rich, full in many ways -  its weird but in someway I feel today that I leave some things behind and begin a new stage in my life (cant really put my finger on it, neither say what gone or whats coming, but def. feel I am stepping into new - and its a GOOD feeling ).

I worked at Central ST. Martins on a new class, with a new tutor Peter T. The class was fashion sketching for 16 to 18 yrs old -  was funny to see all the funny things of this age ( the BOTHERED face comes to mind strongly - everything is such a PAIN). Went well, and I got a couple of: thats cool, can we have another one, thats cute ... ( positive lingo I guess in teen world).

It was def. a good day for working, with new work literally falling on my lap:
1) got booked for 5x sessions more on Peters classes @ St. Martins
2) Work falls from sky 1: got scouted for another class for another St. Martins teacher: on my way to the class after lunch, another teacher approached me on the corridor and asked me if I was doing life modeling and if I could leave my contact - COOL - work literally falling on my lap :

3) Work falls from sky 2: phonecall number 1: life modeling course @ToudesJous booked me for Tuesday evenings.
4) Work falls from sky 3: Life modeling drawing course Monday evenings @S. Pauls Church - got rebooked ^^ nice (!)
5) New weekend Job: Got my partime weekend job at Whistles (on the store just 2 m. walk from my appt) - ^^ nice (!)

At St. Martins, creative generosity too - with my eye being caught a couple of times, unexpectedly - over random, interesting details - which in the end formed a kinda of day story (there is I believe a energy to it , that perhaps could be telling whats to come).

Here is the story:


Orange left at one of the studios corridors


charcoal at the window class corner


velcro cue at the window


masculinity


femininity



Jackson dont it (!)



Feet in between



Toillet landscapes - basin sisterhood


and when I close the toilet door -  there it is - a BIG 7, staring back at me
(?) (!) (*******)