Tuesday 13 April 2010

Skinner Release Technique - first day



Today it has my first dat at the SRT workshop

I left floating inside myself, with the strange feeling a crack had been open inside me ....
a good one, a releasing one....
a feeling of light coming from within,
today I think I saw a very bright line, shinning - spilling over this crack that is new in me ....

At arriving,
comfortable, everything felt familiar, welcoming
I felt in my element,
The people, the studio, the light, the shadow drawing of the windows on the floor
all belonged in some way

Some words were kept,
still not fully understanding theyre meaning
but they have stood out in my mind: pause, clarity and economy in dance
Have the feeling this might be of personal importance for me and need pursuing....

I do not remember a lot of what was spoken
I can just remember my body being attracted to the floor
arms, legs, feet, hands
spoke of secrets, emotions and the new in me
and the pleasure of speaking
to the floor
with my body

the floor felt like a long time awaited confident
my body wants to speak
I want to discover

I will now....
I am happy.