Thursday 9 September 2010

THIS IS TRAVEL DANCE - Brooklyn + butoh + Cave OCTOBER

So just a bit more than a month to go to my NY first dance trip. I will be doing a 20 days intensive workshop on butoh with Yukio Suzuki ( he is E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T) - very excited (!)

Plus discovering NY for the first time ( its been a long time I dont go first time to a different place - I am too well travelled , I am afraid ^^).

Also, traveling alone by myself - the way I like it -  NY and Brooklyn WILL be MINE ^^.

First week I will be staying in house at CAVE arts performance center - on a tree house room for artists -  tiny but exciting - they have cats too -  perfect (!)

After I decided I will be backpacking around the city - staying at different places/accommodation - to experience different parts of art/cultural NY.

But for sure I know I will be spending a lot of time in Brooklyn - there is just so much amazing stuff to see and do -  and perfect just found ZIP212 a art + travel hostel with a really promising roof terrace balcony -  excitement grows (!) -  Cant wait (!)

This year NY
but already thinking of nect year dance trips: Argentina and Japan for more butoh + tango

Meanwhile, just working my a** off to make money to cover this. Its worth it. No doubt- when I travel i live, when I dance I am  complete.

The amazing CAVE arts and performance org.
(later on just a post  on some of the really exciting work + artist that are currently based there)





The ZIP212 Art + Travel Hostel





ZIP112 is located on North 6th Street in Williamsburg.  Williamsburg is 
known as the neighborhood in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, and  is the home to a thriving 
art community. It is largely associated with one of its main streets, Bedford Avenue.  Currently, 
residents see Williamsburg as a lively neighborhood with easy access to Manhattan.

The balcony - I am SOLD


clean TOILET


+ can cook - brilliant

shared - OK - new experience

NEARBY
art center + experimental cuisine
I am THERE


lots of time HERE

and HERE