Wednesday 8 September 2010

THIS IS FILM - concert escape and night park (experiencing RED@ Serpentine Pavilion)

Last week escaping the royal Albert concert (those soloist did not delivered really), I walked outside
and whiteout thinking, questioning, fearing, allowed my body to take me where it wanted to go.

I ended up walking at Hyde park at night. I remembered how I love and need to have night and nature in my life -  how it feels me with life.

By the time my legs stopped, I was in front of the Serpentine Gallery Pavilion. What a grad night end -  experiencing RED,  after all the dark green, and the lights and the sound.

I did not know I could experience color so intensely, trough space and architecture, like in here.
A new sense of RED, leaving colour and becoming this vertical, empowering masculine identity -  color, a feeling of being engulfed on everything that can mean intensity and the color RED -  engulfed, lost, diluted in RED- but always feeling as a somehow intrude guest.

And of course, I did not resist to leave without dancing impro. a little only ( because it was late and I was alone in the middle of the Hype Park). Space is becoming overwhelming influential and inspirational to my movement impro. work - it is as if I need nothing else to create. Space is a powerful relationship generator and I find myself sometimes discovering/ building more exciting relationships with space/objects than with people or other performers.

Can anyone be arrested for dancing publicly (?) I am not sure
I must  buy a camera q-u-i-c-k-l-y.

Some shots - a short visual story.

The concert


The Escape