Tuesday 13 July 2010

R.I.P, dear, beautiful bumble bee - a bumble bee died on me today

Today as I was walking to meet L. at Stoke N., stopped at the traffic light waiting to pass, a big, beautiful bumble bee approached me ( rarer and rarer these days, they say it is increasingly becoming in danger of extinction - like the bees, the tigers, the pandas, ..... like all beauty we were given in this world) - it flown around me for a minute or two - around and around, drawing lines between my upper waist and belly, round my arms, side to side -  hesitating, but persistent : it  could have flown away, but did not leave me.

Them it chose a place to land, and so it did - it landed on my upper waist, and it started to held tightly to my dress, curling up, slowly it started to dye on me, on my dress, on my waist.  It did not give any previous signs of beings moments way from death -  one second flying, lively, inquisive around me, the other curling up and dying on me.

Mixed feelings, I did not know if to feel upset or privilege -  a curse or a compliment (?) -  a coincidence or a sign (?) -  a empty envelope or a message (?). The fact it seems, that this bumble bee chose me, on this day, at this time as its place to dye. I felt like a stage, I feared a spell, I smelled beauty and I saw a little curled up poetry in the shape of a question: why (?). Life and death. And something extremely poetic, beautiful, meaningful in this.

R.I.P, dear, beautiful bumble bee.
Thank you.